1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
I went to Campus Party Mexico 3 #cpmx3 and it was beyond AWESOME! I also bleached my hair for the first time ever.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I bowed to get into a Master’s Degree and leave the country. I did get into the program, but I did not get the funding… so I’ll stay in Mexico.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my sister had my niece in June. Some of my cousins and some high school friends and acquaintances had babies or are expecting babies.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, some relatives on my dad’s side. I wasn’t close to them, but my dad was and it crushed him. I hate seeing my dad so sad.
5. What countries did you visit?
None, stayed in Mexico and only visited Hidalgo.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A routine. I think 2011 was a gap year for me. I spent the year freelancing and now I crave some sort of structure. I think a steady job might be in the cards.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
18/05/2011 - Getting my degree alongside my friends
06/06/2011 - Getting the call that my niece wasn’t born a nephew XD
18-24/07/2011 - Campus Party Mexico!
28/09/2011 - Mercedes Benz DFashion Mexico with Arely
08/11/2011 - The day I found out I wouldn’t be going to Australia
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting my degree! Also, carrying my niece just hours after she was born. Other things: learn how to make apple pie and Dance Central XD.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting the scholarship for Australia and not saving enough money.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got salmonella x_X it was awful.
11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
My camera! My dad got me a Sony Alpha NEX 5K for my birthday :D
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Ale, Alekz, Paco, Arely… they’re rockstars and I love them so much.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I tend to cut off my life people whose behaviour make me appalled and depressed. So, no one.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
CAMPUS PARTY MEXICO!
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
I don’t know, maybe Cosmic Love - Florence and the Machine it’s the one I listened to the most.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Sadder, I don’t know why.
b) fatter or skinner? Fatter, so much fatter, ugh.
c) richer or poorer? Richer ;D
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Laying around doing nothing.
20. How do you plan to spend Christmas?
I don’t do Christmas but I vivist my family since this is the only day that I get to see them all.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Nope, no guys for me apart from my friends and they don’t count.
22. How many one night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
2 Broke Girls, New Girl, Gossip Girl, How I Met Your Mother and Game of Thrones & The Borgias and Shameless and yes, I watch a lot of TV. I forgot Skins XD.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
I’m so ashamed, I tried to read A Song of Ice and Fire but didn’t even finished the first one. Fan fiction consumes my reading time >_< shame on me.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Two Door Cinema Club, Adele, Torreblanca.
27. What did you want and get?
My phone (Samsung Galaxy S), my Macbook, my camera.
28. What did you want and not get?
My scholarship :(
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Kung Fu Panda 2 or Cars 2 or Crazy Stupid Love. I don’t know XD.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 23 and I don’t remember what I did. I think that I did nothing on the actual day but I spent a weekend with my friends hanging around just as I like to do every year.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Campus Party :D and all the friends and knowledge I got from it.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Lazy freelancer working at home.
33. What kept you sane?
Knowing I had something to deliver the next day.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Our presidential candidates, Arab world revolution, North Korea in general, European crisis.
36. Who do you miss?
I missed not seeing my friends as much as before, but I didn’t miss anyone in particular.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Pfff, all the guys from #cpmx3. Geek power!
38. What was the best thing you ate?
My apple pie :D
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011?
Plans never really work out. Doing what you love for a living requires a lot of dedication and effort. Sticking with things and being constant is what gives you results.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
This is why events unnerve me,
They find it all, a different story,
Notice whom for wheels are turning,
Turn again and turn towards this time,
All she ask’s the strength to hold me,
Then again the same old story,
World will travel, oh so quickly,
Travel first and lean towards this time.
Historia de la vida real.